I am still using note 2 and my phone is still faster than most newer samsung phones. (i happen to have a larger set of friends who are samsung flagship phone users).
our HCIs are increasingly dominated by mobile phones so these are some of the tips I use personally:
- limit yourself to only 80 apps.
- keep only 1 game app - don't play so many games.
- install nova launcher - optimise nova launcher
- install advanced task killer - set to aggressive and screen off kill.
- use only static wall paper.
- uninstall twitter and facebook apps. - use chrome for twitter facebook. or use iphone.
- keep notifications only for needed communications - I only keep for email/whatsapp
- uninstall all bloatware updates - or don't install them. samsung a lot.
- remove autoupdate for google play apps - I update when needed.
- uninstall clean master and iswipe and all the stuff that is promoted.
the following optimisations are specific to note II, you should be able to find your phone's equivalent:
Speed Up from Home Button -
Double tap the home key > Press menu > Settings > Open via home key. It will remove the delay caused by the S Voice on using the home key between apps.
Stuttering Animations -
Go to Settings > About device > Tap the build number 7 times > Go back and select Developer options > Turn off the Animations Scale options. This will disable the animation whenever you open apps on your device.